Title: Sr. Systems Engineer / Sr. Network Engineer
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Work Status: Contract or Contract-to-hire
Schedule: M-F / 8-5 pm / 40 hours per week
More: Onsite and rotating on-call schedule
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
1. Hands-on installation, configuration, and deployment of hardware and software in a mixed environment of Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, and VMware over two primary MDF’s and dozens of IDF’s. OS versions include (but not limited to) MS Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, VMWare. Hardware includes (but not limited to) Cisco, Juniper, HP, Dell, EMC.
2. Design and implement Microsoft system architectures including Active Directory, Exchange, and Server Roles in a large campus environment. Design, develop, and implement enterprise server technologies for rapid deployment, scalability, and management. Lead and participate in a systems planning process that includes business units, management, and technical people including peers.
3. Advanced ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate system and or network issues in a team environment, and as a single engineer. Provide escalation support for tier 1 support teams. Clear and concise communication skills both written and oral demonstrated by a history in preparing and creating technical reports, business cases, layout & design diagrams, and best practices.
4. Systems integration and solution stack testing for hardware and software from the OS to middleware to the client (thick or thin). Create basic scripts to automate monitoring, testing, and deployment. (Perl, Python, BASH, etc.)
5. Provide good customer service and a consulting like experience for the various business units on projects and in the planning process.
6. Participate in on-call support rotation for after hours systems issues. Assist with system backups in design, setup, and operation including documentation and application of best practices.
Five (5) years or more of hands-on experience with systems and or network administration, integration, and engineering in an enterprise environment including sizable datacenters.
Must possess deep knowledge and understanding of the following technologies including practical appliation: VMWare, Microsoft Server including AD & Exchange, Linux, Cisco, HP & Dell blade technology, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, SAN, clustering, and Open Source.
Must be be able use and apply methodologies for data center management, mentoring & leadership, writing both technical and non-technical documentation, and team building.
Education & Certifications (Preferred/Desired):
1. Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a related field and AND OR equivalent experience
2a. VCP/VCE, MCSE/MCSA/MCTIP 2003/2008, RHCSA/RHCE, UNIX (HP-UX, AIX or Solaris)
2b. CCNA, CCNP, Network+, Juniper
3. ITIL Certifications (strongly desired)
1. Cover Letter (optional)
2. Resume / CV with salary history